Ashesi University College BScs Computer Science Courses Offered
In an increasingly tech-driven world, the ability to respond to technological change and build tech tools will be key skills required to succeed. The Computer Science department at Ashesi helps students build the foundational skills necessary to build life-long careers in tech and information systems management. The department offers two majors, in Management Information Systems and Computer Science.
Meet the Department Head
Dr. Ayorkor Korsah has been a technology evangelist for as long as she can remember. Growing up in Nigeria and Ghana, she first wanted to be an astronaut, then an engineer. She has both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Dartmouth College, followed by a PhD in Robotics and Artificial Intelligence from Carnegie Mellon University. Now, Dr. Korsah is the Head of the Computer Science Department at Ashesi, where she teaches courses in Robotics, Programming, Data Structures, and Algorithms.
1. Completed application form, including personal essays.
2. High School transcripts or report cards for at least six terms.
3. One of the following examination results is required:
- West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE); Six subjects are used to calculate your standard WASSCE score: Integrated Science, Core Math, Core English and three electives. A minimum grade of C6 in each subject is required to apply.
- Six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required together with at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- American / Canadian High School Diploma
- French Baccalaureate (a certified copy of the original score and a certified translated copy in English)
- Other equivalent exam results approved by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana.
1 University Avenue, Berekuso
PMB CT 3, Cantonments
T: +233 (302) 610 330
T: +233 302 974 980
Tel: +233 20 437 4374
Tel: +233 50 131 8961
Tel: +233 50 131 9264