About Baldwin College
Baldwin College was founded by Dr. Akwasi Achampong who obtained his first degree in Pharmacy before pursuing a Medical degree both at NYCOM and Long Island Universities in USA. He is now a trained medical professional in the specialty of Internal Medicine. He is also the Medical Director and owner of Elmont Medical, PC, USA, a Private Pilot and Chief Executive Officer of Unique Life Inc. He is also Adjunct Professor NYCOM, Clinical Associate Professor Molloy College, New York University and Hofstra Medical School.
Dr. Afia Achampong, co-founder of Baldwin College, is also a trained medical professional and practices at Elmont Medical, PC. She obtained her first degree in Nursing before pursuing a Medical Degree both at UHSA and New York Universities, USA. Currently, she is the owner of RHEMA Real Estate, and Inshira School of Health Sciences, USA. Drawing from the experiences of their work at various institutions and combined education in Medicine, Pharmacy and Nursing, the college was established. Basically, the root reason was to transfer knowledge and skills acquired to the generation of youth who are willing to learn the Sciences. The college is guided by its vision and mission and policies on code of ethics that define the relationships of staff-student, student-student, staff-staff, and institution-public/media.
Baldwin College Courses Offered
Bachelor of Science (BSc.) Medical Laboratory Technology Programme
The BSc. Medical Laboratory Technology Programme is aimed at producing a competent Medical Laboratory Technologist of high professional standing in the delivery of laboratory practice and:
- able to practice in all spheres of medical laboratory technology or other related areas of employment,
- capable of functioning as an informed professional in a changing health care system and have the ability to evaluate and construct their own approach to medical laboratory science practice,
- inculcated with values necessary to serve the patient and society as a caring, ethical, knowledgeable professional and enlightened citizen, be it independently or as an active member of the healthcare delivery system,
- acquire skills in critical observation and enquiry through placements in different units of specialties
- possess the capacity to continue as a productive and responsible member of the profession and assume leadership roles as appropriate to the profession and society,
- acquire a good understanding of current and future health issues, public health policy and international health rules and regulations.
Diploma (Dip.) Programmes
The prospects of the Diploma programme for successful candidates is bright. These programmes creates a unique employment opportunities for successful candidates in Government and private institutions, research and training institutions, etc. The certificate for the Diploma programmes are awarded by National Board for Professional and Technician Examinations (NABPTEX), our affiliate body. The following Diploma programmes are currently available:
- HND Business Administration
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
ICM UK Programmes
The Institute of Commercial Management (ICM), founded in 1979, is a professional body for Commercial and Business Development Managers and an examining and awarding body for business and management students. It is accredited by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation, the UK regulatory body for public examinations and publicly funded qualifications. It is a not-for-profit organisation, registered educational charity. Its international headquarters are in Ringwood, Hampshire, United Kingdom. The ICM courses been offered by Baldwin College are as follows:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Studies
- Managing Health and Safety
- Marketing Management
- Hospitality Management
- Professional Computing and Information Processing
- Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations
- Human Resource Development
Baldwin College Admissions
General Entry Requirements
Must have passes in Core English, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies plus any three (3) elective passes.
Must have Credit passes in Core English, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies plus any three (3) elective credit passes.
Department of Health & Allied Sciences
Prospective students who would want admission into the Bachelor of Science (BSc.) in Medical Laboratory Technology, Higher National Diploma (HND) in Medical Laboratory Technology or Higher National Diploma (HND) Pharmacy Technology must have the following in addition to the General Entry Requirements:
SSSCE, WASSCE or Equivalent
Prospective students for this programme must possess a minimum of 3 credits in the Core subjects plus 3 Credits Electives in, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics or Physics at not more than two sittings.
- Must be at least twenty-five (25) years old.
- Must be a holder of Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technician or have credits in three (3) Core subjects (English, Mathematics, and Integrated Science) and three (3) Elective subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics) in SSSCE, WASSCE or Equivalent.
- Must have at least two years working experience in a Medical Laboratory and must pass an Entrance Examination.
Department of Business Studies
Please refer to General Entry Requirements.
Please refer to General Entry Requirements.
- Must be at least 25 years old at the time of applying.
- Must have at least three (3) SSSCE/WASSCE/GBCE passes or three GCE ‘O’ level passes including English and Mathematics.
- Must have three (3) years working experience.
- Must pass an entrance examination and an interview
Baldwin College contact Details
- Address: P. O. Box 19872, Accra-North, Accra, Ghana
- Phone: +233.26.596.8229
- Email: email@example.com