The British University Of Egypt Scholarships of 2017/2018
Scholarships of 2017/2018
General Information for Applicants
Applicants are eligible for various scholarships according to their achievements. Applicants for scholarships must also note:
(i) An applicant who qualifies for more than one scholarship will be awarded whichever scholarship is the highest.
(ii) All scholarships apply to the Tuition Fee only. They are deducted from the second installment fee.
(iii) All scholarships are awarded for one year only with applications re-assessed at the beginning of every academic year based on the student’s relevant achievements during the previous year, as appropriate.
(iv) All scholarships (except academic achievement) are given on the condition that the student successfully progresses to the following year and provides official documents for the appropriate academic year.
(v) Official documents must be submitted before 30 September in the year of application.
Academic Achievement Scholarship – For new students
Applicants who achieve outstanding grades in their secondary/high school certificate are eligible to apply for the following scholarships:
|Faculty||80% & less than 85%||85% & less than 90%||90% & less than 95%||95& less than 100%||100% +|
|Communications & Mass Media||0||15%||25%||35%||35%|
|Informatics & Computer Science||0||5%||15%||25%||35%|
|Arts & Humanities||10%||15%||20%||25%||25%|
Accepted Students in the Faculties of Law & Arts and Humanities in the academic year 2017/2018 will be awarded a special discount of 20% extra to any other criteria of scholarships that they are eligible for the years of study provided total percentage of scholarships are not exceeded 50%.
International High School Certificates Scholarship
Holders of the following foreign high school certificates are entitled to a discount of (5 %) extra to any other criteria of scholarships that they are eligible:
- IGCSE / GCSE
- International Baccalaureate
- French Baccalaureate
- Other foreign high school certificate, should be referred to Admission Office to evaluate
Sports Achievement Scholarship
Applicants with top sporting achievements are eligible to apply for the following sports scholarships (official sports certificate must be submitted):
- International Level Competition include ( International, Regional, African, and Mediterranean)
- Students with 1st rank are entitled to a scholarship of 50% of tuition fee.
- Students with 2nd rank are entitled to a scholarship of 45% of tuition fee.
- Students with 3rd rank are entitled to a scholarship of 40% of tuition fee.
- National Level Competitions include ( Governorates, Sectors, and Republican )
- Students with 1st rank are entitled to a scholarship of 40% of tuition fee.
- Students with 2nd rank are entitled to a scholarship of 35% of tuition fee.
- Students with 3rd rank are entitled to a scholarship of 30% of tuition fee.
- Arab & Egyptian Universities Level Competitions
- Students with 1st rank are entitled to a scholarship of 30% of tuition fee.
- Students with 2nd rank are entitled to a scholarship of 25% of tuition fee.
- Students with 3rd rank are entitled to a scholarship of 20% of tuition fee.
A scholarship is applied in the next year of achieving competition.
Partner School Scholarship
Applicants from Partner Schools are entitled to a 20% scholarship for the Preparatory Year only (not applicable for Dentistry & Pharmacy Faculties). Click to preview the list of Partner Schools
Applicants of the Faculties of Dentistry & Pharmacy from partner schools are entitled to 5% scholarship as an extra scholarship to any other criteria of scholarship they are eligible in the Preparatory year only.
Sibling (Brother or Sister) Scholarship
If more than one sibling are enrolled , each sibling is entitled a 10% scholarship of tuition fees. the same percenatge of scholarship to be offered to the enrolled students whose brother or sister graduated from the BUE.
Egyptian State University Academic Staff & Researches Centers Scholarship
Children of Academic Staff of Egyptian State Universities & Researches Centers are entitled to a 10% scholarship.
Deceased Guardian Scholarship
Students who suffer the death of their guardian while studying at BUE are entitled to apply for a 50% scholarship of tuition fee annually.
Academic Achievement Scholarship – For continuing students ( UK evaluations )
Continuing BUE students must maintain a high academic performance each academic year in order to apply for a scholarship in a subsequent year as shown in the table below: (Applicable to all faculties except Dentistry & Pharmacy)
BUE Yearly Average Academic Achievement Scholarship
77% and above (A+) 40%
76.9 – 74% (A) 35%
73.9-70% (A-) 30%
69.9%-67% (B+) 25%
66.9-64% (B) 20%
63.9-60% (B-) 15%
Faculties of Dentistry & Pharmacy: (EG evaluation)
less than 95%
(1)Students with 1st rank in each year of study are entitled to a scholarship of 100% of tuition fee.
(2) Students with 1st rank in each programme of specialization of study are entilted to a scholaship of 100% of tuition fee.
(3) New and old students who obtain any of the following scholarships are entitled to a bursary of 100%, for the continuation of scholarship, they must obtain a score of 77% (UK evaluation) annually or its equivalent score in (EG evaluation) for the facullites of Dentistry & Pharmacy:
- Top high school certificates students.
- Top students of schools
- Students with MFK Foundation scholarship
(4) students who have not maintained a scholarship, or who joined BUE with no scholarship but who managed to raise their BUE yearly average to one of the above levels in subsequent years, will become eligible to apply for an Academic Achievement Scholarship according to their academic performance.
A Bursary of Full Payment (Old Student)
students who do full payment of tuition fee before 31st July before the academic year are entitled to a 5% bursary of tuition fee. if they are eligible for any other criteria of scholarships, the 5% to be deducted from the remaining debts.