How To Access And Use DUT4Life Email Login
The Authority of the Durban University Of Technology has enabled the DUT4Life Email Login . Follow these simple steps to Access and use the portal .
DUT4Life Email Login Eligibility
- Prospective students
- First year students
- Continuing/Returning Students
Why Do I Need A DUT Student Portal?
Every DUT students ( both fresh and returning students ) need the student portal for so many reasons of which they are listed below.
- Course registration
- School fees payment
- Check semester result
- View admission list
- Pay acceptance fee
- Process academic transcript
- View academic calendar
- Hostel application
- Deferment of admission etc.
All you need to do is to log in to the student portal and carry out any activity of your choice.
How do I access my dut4life email?
The DUT student email is given to all student upon admisson to the DUT. To log into your student email, you need to visit this link https://www.outlook.com/dut4life.ac.za . After that type in your email address/phone number.
How to Login to the DUT 4 life Email
- Visit the DUT Website via https://www.dut.ac.za/
- Navigate and Tap Students
- Under Student Services, Tap DUT4Life Email Here
- Sign In with your DUT Email
- Tap Next
How to Email Using DUT 4 Life Student Email Suite
Upon successful login, if prompted, enter the time zone or search for Pretoria/Harare. Thereafter your mailbox will open.
- Send an e-mail
- Select New, and enter the recipient in the To: field, type in the subject, the body of the e-mail
- Select Send
How to Change DUT 4 Life Mail
- Change the default password
- Select Options, Select See all Options
- Select Change your Password from the list of shortcuts.
- For more details go to outlook.com/dutlife.ac.za
Foreign students need to contact the faculty office, lab technicians, or the library staff.
Student IT Services Information
To Access the Student IT Services If you have registered as a student at DUT, an email account would have automatically been created for you upon enrolment and payment of fees.
To gain access to your account on the e-mail system, you will need to know your DUT student number which is printed out on your identification card below the bar code.
You can access your DUT mailbox either on campus or from home by typing the following URL into your web browser:
- Internal access is: http://student
- External access is: https://student.dut.ac.za
When accessing the Student Portal you will be prompted for user login and password as shown below:
- Enter student number and password to login, for example Username: DUT\20612345 Password: ************
- First Time Entering Students DUT (password for the first time is the first 6 digits of your ID number).
- An example of this is: Username: DUT\20612345 and Password: Dut760504
- Returning Students must use the password that they have been using to access your email and or student portal
Note that this password is case-sensitive. International Students You will need to enquire at the faculty Office.
DUT Registration Process
- Student Admissions verifies matric results & check for departmental & university admission requirements
- Student Admissions release prospective students for online registration
- Both Prospective and Continuing students must pay the minimum registration fee before or on the day of registration
- Prospective students to register Online
- Prospective students complete the Online registration
- The student to save or print proof of registration
- Student Housing to allocate residence accommodation to the registered students who require accommodation
- The student proceeds to Protection Services for the issue of student card
- Registration process completed
- The student may then communicate with Financial Aid for NSFAS/Bursaries/ Incentives
All registrations are done online and off-campus, for which you may use a tablet/handheld device or any other computer facility at your disposal.
Access your online course registration portal via DUT Student Self-Help iEnabler and follow the step-by-step registration guide.
Durban Switchboard: 031 373 2000
Midlands Switchboard: 033 845 8800
P O Box 1334, Durban 4000
Tel: 031 373 2553 (Dbn)
Tel: 033 845 8890 (Midlands)