Garden City University College, Kumasi
About Garden City University College, Kumasi
To empower students to acquire and demonstrate knowledge and skills in their various fields of academic study to become the Next Generation of Innovators who will be agents of social change and development of society.
Providing a centre of excellence in teaching, learning and research with distinctive scholarship and competence, by blending business, information technology, education, social sciences and health sciences to develop innovators in the industrial and other socio-economic sectors in Ghana and the international community.
“Developing the Next Generation of Innovators.”
Programmes Being Offered at GCUC
GCUC’s undergraduate degree programmes are designed to achieve balance between theoretical knowledge gained through lectures and practical knowledge acquired through hands-on experience.We periodically modify our programmes and add new ones to meet the requirements of the National Accreditation Board and the ever changing industrial needs. Our programmes are also structured academically to make your studies convenient and successful. We therefore wish you well in your choice of our programmes.Undergraduate Programmes include:
BSc. Physician Assistanship Studies
BSc. Medical laboratory Technology
BSc. Dental Therapy
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology(3-year programme)
counting with Computing
BSc. Economics and Statistics
Bachelor of Business Administration With Options in:
Accounting Banking and Finance Human Resource Management Management Marketing
Diploma in Banking Technology and Accounting (2-year programme)
Diploma in Computerised Accounting (2-year programme)
Diploma in Business Administration(2-year programme)
Diploma in Librarianship Studies(2-year programme)
BSc. Computer Science
BSc. Information Technology
BSc. Mathematics and Statistics
BSc. Environmental Science
GCUC Computer Proficiency License -(6 weeks)
Advance Certificate in Business Application – (3 months)
Certificate in Power Excel(Analyzing Data to Make Business Decisions)
Computerized Accounting System (CAS)
Network Administration – (2 weeks)
System Administration – ( 4 months)
Database Design/Administration (Oracle/SQL Server/MySql) – (6 months)
Desktop Publishing & Web Design – (4 months)
Certificate in Computer Science
Certificate in Information Technology
Garden City University College Admission
Admission RequirementApplicants must have any of the following qualifications:
- Credit Passes (i.e A/A1 – D/C4 – C6) in Six(6) SSCE/WASSCE/GBCE subjects including 3 Core subjects: English, Mathematics and Integrated Science and 3 Elective subjects with at least aggregate 24 or 36 for SSSCE and WASSCE respectively or better.
- Five (5) Ordinary Level Credit Passes including English and Mathematics or plus at least Three (3) ‘A’ Level/ABCE passes.
- HND qualifications with option in relevant areas of specialization are also eligible for Top-Up programmes.
- Applicants seeking admission to BSc. Computer Science Programme must in addition to the above qualification have a credit pass in in Elective Mathematics.Applicants with other equivalent or professional qualifications would be considered after assessment of the relevant qualifications and placed appropriately.
- RSA, SRN, RGN,RGM ‘A’ Level Holders and those with other equivalent qualifications plus basic SSCE/WASSCE/’O’ Level Qualifications will be placed at level 200 & 300 for a three & two year Top-Up programme.
- For Mature Candidates to apply for admission, an applicant must have the following:
- Must be 25 years at the time of application
- Must have passes in English and Mathematics in SSSCE/WASSCE
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years work experience
- Must pass a GCUC Mature Student Entry Examinations.
- Candidates with Home Science, General Science, General Art and General Agricultural backgrounds are also eligible for BSc. Nursing/Midwifery
- Diploma (Nursing/Midwifery)/ SRN/RGN/RM Holders are eligible for Top-Up programmes.
B.Sc. MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGYApplicants must have either:
- Senior High School Certificate (SSSCE) and/or West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) with aggregate 24 or better which should include credits in the three core subjects (i.e. English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science) plus credits in three (3) elective subjects in the following: Biology [OR Home Science (Food and Nutrition) OR General Agriculture], Chemistry, and Physics [OR Elective Mathematics].
- Mature candidate holding a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology or HND in Science Laboratory Technology obtained from a recognized institution of higher learning, with at least one year post qualification experience in a hospital laboratory may be eligible for admission to level 200 (2nd year) of the programme.
- Applicants should not be less than 25 years of age, and must have passed an entrance examination and/or admission interview.
- Mature candidates with a Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology with at least two years post qualification experience would start from first year (level 100). They would be required to pass an entrance examination and /or an admission interview.
- Foreign students shall provide their high school certificates/diplomas and transcripts; all of which must be translated into English with an accompanying statement showing how their system equates to the Ghanaian system.
B.Sc. PHYSICIAN ASSISTANSHIP
- Applicant must have Senior High School Certificate (SSSCE) aggregate 24 or West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) with aggregate 36 or better which should include credits in three core: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and three elective subjects in the following: Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics or Physics.
- Foreign student may be considered for admission if they hold qualification equivalent to those stated above, provided they are proficient in English. Equivalent qualifications include; A-levels, High School Diplomas.
B.Sc. DENTAL THERAPY
- Candidates must have at least credit pass in three (3) core subjects at WASSCE / SSSCE Level: Integrated Science, Mathematics and English Language.
- At least credit pass in three (3) Elective subjects including Biology, Chemistry, and Physics or Elective Mathematics.
- Registered Dental Surgery Assistants (RDSA) with three year post qualification practical exposure will receive exemptions from the level 100 and 200 courses and eligible for admission to level 300.
- Dental Nurses with equivalent *Qualification and one year post qualification practical exposure will receive exemptions from the level 100 and 200 courses and be eligible for admission to level 300.
- Registered General Nurses will be placed at level 200.
- Mature applicants must be at least 25 years at the time of admission and must possess either five credit at GCE O-Level including English Language and Mathematics or WASSCE/SSSCE with at least credit pass in three core subjects (English, Mathematics and Integrated Science) plus three elective subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics).
- Foreign students may be considered for admission if they hold qualification equivalent to those stated above, provided they are proficient in English.
- All applicants would be interviewed and admission will be based on Performance at interview in addition to their academic qualification.
- The student shall be in good health.
HOW TO APPLY
GCUC’s Academic year begins in late September and runs through January. GCUC’s application is fairly demanding compared to other institutions in Ghana. We therefore advise applicants to begin the application process early.
To apply, please follow the steps outlined below.Download,Print and Complete the Undergraduate Application Form (PDF) (Adobe PDF). You may also download our application form online from our website (Please attach a banker’s draft worth GH¢ 80.00 on submission of your form if downloaded from the website) Application Forms can also be purchased from the following sources: The Finance Office,Garden City University College,Kenyase-Kumasi(2 Kilometers off Airport Roundabout on Antoa Road) and from: Accra: Excel Filling Station,0267385354 / 0507882827 / 0545543589 Please deliver the completed forms in person, or by mailing them to: The Registrar, Admissions Office, Garden City University College, P.O.Box 12775,Kumasi, Ghana. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Cost of Application Form A set of Application Forms including Admission Brochure and Pre-paid EMS Envelopes can be purchased at the following rates:
Degree Programmes :………………………… GHC 80.00
Diploma :…………………………..GHC 60.00
Foreign Students :……………………………$100.00
Garden City University College Contact Details
Garden City University College is located at Kenyasi, Kumasi about 2km off the Airport Roundabout-Antoa Road.
- For people within and around the Kumasi environs, the first point of access to GCUC is Anloga Junction, a major junction off the Kumasi-Accra Highway.
- From any point in and around the metropolis, one can get a vehicle, be it private or commercial to Airport Roundabout.
- Outside Kumasi, one can get to GCUC by either driving to Kumasi or by boarding a Kumasi bound bus and then locating Airport Roundabout.
- Those who alight at the Kejetia Terminal by public transport should take transport bound for Kenyasi at Dr. Mensah Station to the GCUC Campus Junction also known as computer junction.
The Vehicles at the Station will bring you to GCUC-Kenyasi.
You may contact us in event of emergency during your travel to GCUC on: +233-267-385354
you may ask people around you for further clarifications to our location.
Locate us on google map: