Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) Vision & Mission
To position GIMPA clearly as a research intensive university; focused on graduate studies and capacity-building in public sector disciplines and practices, with strong undergraduate support, ensuring synergies amongst schools and becoming the undoubted Centre of Excellence that support Ghanaian and African Socio-economic advancement toward peace and prosperity.
To promote the development of managerial skills for persons employed in the public and private sectors and Non-Governmental organizations and promote the use of information technology as an essential tool to increase competitive advantage and enhance output for national development and to provide unbiased and dedicated advisory services to various arms of government to enhance the capacity of sustainable development and management.
PURPOSE OF THE INSTITUTE
The overarching object of the Institute is to train public servants of the country and to provide education, training and services in the fields of leadership, management and public administration for the public sector, private sector and non-governmental organizations.
To achieve its object, the Institute shall perform the following functions:
- Promote education, training and services in the fields of leadership, business management and administration;
- Provide professional, unbiased and dedicated advisory support services to various areas of Government to enhance their capacity for sustainable development and management;
- Promote the development of managerial skills for persons employed in the public and private sectors including no-governmental organisations (NGOs), and create awareness of the need for education, training and the provision of services in the fields of leadership, management and administration as a necessary requirement for maintaining the vitality of the organisation in the development of the economy;
- Promote the use of information technology as an essential tool to create competitive advantage and enhance output for national development;
- Assist Ghanaian enterprises through cost-effective education, training and the provision of services, research and consultancy to achieve efficient cost control;
- Promote understanding and cooperation between public and private sector institutions in respect of public administration and management obligations; and
- Offer courses leading to the award of certificates, diplomas and degrees in the Institute’s areas of competence, subject to such conditions as the authorities responsible for tertiary education in the country shall direct.