Ghana Technology University College , Accra
About Ghana Technology University College , Accra
Ghana Technology University College (GTUC) is a technology oriented institution of higher learning, committed to providing an educational experience of the highest quality. Established in November 2005, GTUC was granted accreditation by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) on March 30, 2006 and officially inaugurated on August 15, 2006. The University College is governed by a University Council, supported by the President, Vice President, Registrar, Deans of Faculties and staff.
GTUC is affiliated to the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana and has partnerships with Aalborg University, Denmark, Coventry University, UK, CASS Europe, Anhalt University of Applied Sciences and Wildau University in Germany, Maharaja Agrasen University, M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, India and UPSA, Ghana.
The University College is working to carve an outstanding reputation as a leader in teaching excellence, and a world-class centre of research and intellectual creativity.
GTUC offers world class Certificate, Diploma and Degree programme under three core faculties: the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Computing and Information Systems and Faculty of IT Business. The University also runs a Graduate School which delivers postgraduate programmes in the areas of Engineering, Business Administration, Management and Information Communication Technology.
Nearly 8,000 students are pursuing various programmes at the University College.
Courses and programmes of the University College are carefully structured and taught by seasoned lecturers with modern training equipment in a conducive learning environment.
These prepare students for meaningful and rewarding careers which are key to the nation’s economic growth and social well-being.
GTUC is committed to excellence in teaching and service. The University College takes pride in being a place where students and faculty can pursue knowledge without boundaries, a place where theory and practice combine to produce a better understanding of our world and ourselves.
Graduates of GTUC’s have the theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience that equip them for successful careers in the telecommunications, business and ICT industries.
The University College has campuses at Tesano (main campus), Abeka, Kumasi and learning centres in Ho, Koforidua and Takoradi.
The focus on preparing graduates to be successful in a globally competitive market is the hallmark of GTUC.
Ghana Technology University College Courses Offered
BSc. Telecommunications Engineering
BSc. Computer Engineering
Bachelor in Solar Engineering (BaSE)
Diploma in Information Technology (2 Years)
BSc. Informatics (4yrs/Top up)
BSc. Information Technology (4yrs/Top up)
BSc. Mobile Computing (4yrs/Top up)
BSc. Computing Science
BSc. Software Engineering
BSc. Business Information Systems
BSc. Procurement and Logistics
Diploma in Management
B.Sc Banking and Finance
B.Sc Accounting with Computing
Diploma in Accounting
Diploma in Marketing
Diploma in Public Relations Management
B.Sc Human Resource Management
Dip. in Business Admin. (Marketing Option)
Dip. in Business Admin. (Management Option)
Dip. in Public Relations Management
BSc. Business Admin. ( Marketing Option )
BSc. Business Admin (HRM Option )
BSc. Business Admin (Management Option)
BSc. Business Admin (Accounting Option)
MBA Finance (14 Months)
MBA Logistics (14 Months)
MBA Petroleum Economics & Finance (14 Months)
MSc. Oil And Gas Management (14 Months)
MSc Supply Chain Management (14 Months)
MSc Engineering And Management (14 Months)
MSc Business Decision Management (14 Months)
MSc Engineering Project Management (14 Months)
MSc Management Information Systems (14 Months)
MSc Information Technology For Management (14 Months)
The Admissions Unit is committed to working with prospective students and parents in general to ensure successful entry into GTUC. Our mission is to provide thorough information regarding programs, policies and admission requirements as well as processing of application materials.
We have prepared an in-depth look at what campus life is like at GTUC. You have the opportunity to request more information about the University, submit an application online, or to contact a member of the Admission Staff. However, the best way to experience what it is like to be a member of the GTUC community is to visit our campus.
While you are here at GTUC, I ask you not only to transform yourselves but also this University. Great educational institutions are often known by two qualities: their extraordinary history and their ability to lead with new ideas.
As GTUC transforms, so do students. University may be one of the transformational experiences in your life, and I hope all of you become active participants in your transformation: get involved in a club or student politics, volunteer, take a community service and engage in sports.
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Programmes
- SSSCE/WASSCE – credit passes in English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science and three (3) elective subjects relevant to the chosen programme with aggregate 24/36 or better respectively.
- ‘O’ Level/‘A ’Level – credits in at least five (5) subjects at the GCE‘O’ Level (or
its equivalent including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least three
(3) credit passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced level.
- GBCE/ – credit passes in Business Mathematics, English Language and Integrated
Science and three (3) elective subjects.
- Mature Applicant- applying for admission must satisfy the following entry requirement:
- Attain a minimum age of twenty-five (25) years at the time of applying.
- Show proof of age with birth certificate / baptismal certificate / weighing card which is five (5) years old.
- Must pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination in Mathematics, English Language and General Paper. Engineering students will write papers in Mathematics, English Language and Physics.
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS FOR DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- Stage 1 of ACCA, ICA, Associates of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with five (5) credits at GBCE or GCE‘O’ Level including English language and Mathematics.
- American Grade 12
- City & Guilds Technician Diploma/Advanced Diploma in relevant area of study.
- International Baccalaureate (IB)/Diploma holders will go through a compulsory three (3) months English Proficiency class before starting their programme. They should also submit both the original and translated versions of their results slips to National Accreditation Board (NAB) for verification and equivalency before applying.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR “TOP UP” APPLICANTS
- Higher National Diploma (HND) relevant to the programme of study from a recognized Polytechnic with at least 2nd Class Lower Division.
- Verifiable Diplomas relevant to the programme of study from accredited tertiary institutions. This will be assessed on individual basis and will need verification from the National Accreditation Board (NAB).
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- WASSCE applicants must have grades “A1 – D7” in their core and elective subjects. This includes, English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies and any three elective subjects which are relevant to the applicant’s area of study.
- SSSCE/GBCE applicants must have grades “A – D” in both their core and elective subjects. This includes English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies and any three elective subjects which are relevant to the applicant’s area of study.
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit GTUC website: www.gtuc.edu.gh .Download the application form online and fill.
- You may also obtain a hard copy of the form from our various Campuses
- Remember to attach your passport sized photograph and other documents relevant to your application.
- Applicants with statement of results from West African Examination Council (WAEC) must add WAEC SCRATCH card(s) to their application form depending on the number of sittings
Note: All professional and other entry qualifications will need verification from the National Accreditation Board (NAB).
For further enquiries, please contact:
The Admissions Office:
Note: All foreign applicants with WAEC results should include scratch card (s) from their countries with their application forms, depending on the number of WAEC sittings.
First Floor, Block C, Tesano Campus
Tel: 0302 200611, 2936201
Monday – Friday: 8.00am – 5.00pm
Ghana Technology University College Contact Details
Main Campus, Tesano-Accra
Tel: +233(0) 302 221446/302 21412/302 221479
Digital Adress: GA-167-2979
The Graduate Admissions Office Telephone:
+233(0)302 917152/302 969020 +233(0)2698352/3
Ho Learning Centre
0501341932-University Relations Office
0202698348- Graduate School
Koforidua Learning Centre
Takoradi Learning Centre