JSI Research & Training Institute 2019 Current Vacant Position For Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is a non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is a non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated timproving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI has submitted an application tUSAID timplement an HIV and AIDS project in the Western Region of Ghana. If awarded, the goal of this project will be tprovide support tthe Government of Ghana (GOG) and taccelerate Ghana’s progress in attaining the 90-90-90 UNAIDS targets by achieving epidemic control in one high HIV burdened region by scaling up evidence based interventions. Activities will include active case finding of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) in Western Region (WR), putting and retaining them on treatment, and ensuring they are virally suppressed. The potential project, if awarded, is expected tbe funded by the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through USAID beginning in October 2019.
JSI seeks to recruit the following position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
• Reports to: Senior Technical Officer – MEAL
• Location: Takoradi
• This is a full-time position that will be based in Takoradi, Ghana.
• The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer is responsible for tracking the progress in achieving results, progress in other process indicators, as identified by the project and required by USAID indicators, and plan and conduct special studies necessary to track those indicators.
• S/he is also responsible to ensure day-to-day management of the database and data entry.
• The M&E Officer will support the STO-MEAL in ensuring proper analysis and interpretation of data and identify program areas needing corrective interventions.
• S/He will report to the STO-MEAL.
Responsibilities and duties
• Ensure accurate and timely data entry, management, and analysis;
• Facilitate data management training related to the Project activities;
• Identify and provide ongoing capacity building and M&E support to partner and GSCC technical project staff;
• Ensure timely submission of data from partners and from the Care Continuum technical team leads
• Assist in preparation of project reports;
• Participate as necessary in community and facility surveys, including survey design, implementation, data entry, analysis, and report writing; and
• Any other duty as assigned by the STO-MEAL
Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree from a recognized institution/university/college or equivalent in Statistics, Population Studies, Health Information Management, Quantitative Economics, Public Health or similar field;
• At least 4-6 years of work experience in the management of data, especially health data, preferably in M&E;
• Computer skills in MS Excel, Access, Stata, and SPSS;
• Willingness to travel, if needed;
• Ability to work in a team setting;
• Good organization and electronic file management skills;
• Good training and facilitation skills.
• Experience working with USAID Missions, host country governments, USG health agencies and / or USAID partner organizations desirable.
• Excellent written and communication skills as well as strong public presentation skills, including the ability to represent the project to key stakeholders.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with the appropriate positions marked and also captured in the email subject ’ to:
Closing Date: 15 October, 2019
• Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• No phone calls or drop-ins will be accepted.
Disclaimer: Roles and responsibilities are subject to change based on final confirmation of that particular position.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply.