Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology Kumasi Diploma Courses
International Professional Certificate and Advance Diploma in Logistics And Transport Course
The course is scheduled to commence from 30th March 2013
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Join the world’s most established professional body for Logistics and Transport professionals
- Use the skills and knowledge acquired to succeed in one of the most important, enjoyable and financially rewarding sections of the economy
- Professionally manage inventories and warehouse operations.
- Apply the principles of operating passenger transport to the Ghanaian environment.
- Participate in all activities of the CILT, both local and international
- Enjoy the benefits of a new type of career continuity that CILT offers its members
Course Content Certificate Programme
The programme consists of seven units. Candidates must complete three core units, and then have a choice of one unit from a selection of four optional subjects.
- Managing the logistics and transport environment
- Managing resources
- Customer service and quality management in transport operations
- Warehousing and stores operations
- Freight operations
- Fleet management
- Passenger Transport Operations
This course is designed for line managers and supervisors working in the field of logistics and transport, freight forwarders, personnel in supply and transport in the Armed Forces, Police, Fire Service and CEPS. The others are Warehousing and Stores managers, airline workers, shipping company workers and other professionals who want to pursue a career in logistics and transport operations and management.
To qualify for this programme, participants ought to have been educated up to Senior High School (SHS), GCE Ordinary and Advanced Levels. In addition, participants must have worked in a logistics and transport environment for a minimum of three years.
Course Content Advance Diploma Programme
The Advanced Diploma is structured to provide strategic management, leadership and decision-making skills to senior managers and leaders who aspire to the highest levels of Logistics and transport management. Participants are equipped with analytical concepts and research methodologies for use in their daily management roles. It is the final level of the CILT International Professional Programmes; and builds on the Certificate and Diploma foundations.
The duration of the course spans three (3) semesters averaging 16weeks per semester.
The course consists of four (4) Units in addition to dissertation.
- Strategic Management and Leadership
- The Strategic Environment for Logistics and Transport
- Organization Level Planning in Logistics and Transport
- Research Methodology and
This course is designed for middle level managers, senior managers and business executives in the area of logistics and transport. It is also for freight forwarders, personnel in supply and transport in both the private and civil service. The others are Warehousing and Stores managers, airline workers, shipping company workers and other professionals who want to pursue a career in logistics and transport operations and management
To qualify for this programme, participants must have eitherInternational Diploma in Logistics and Transport of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and TransportDegree/Masters in Logistics, Supply Chain, Transport or Closely-related Discipline with any accredited institution
All applicants must include an application fee of GH₵60 via bankers draft payable to “KSB/CILT.” Please note that applications without the bankers draft will not be processed.
This year’s course fees (Tuition & Course materials) are as follows:
- CILT-Certificate in International Logistics and Transport- GH¢2,000
- ADILT-Advance Diploma in International Logistics and Transport-GH¢3,000
Venue: KNUST School of Business
The programme is facilitated by KNUST School of Business/CILT faculty (full time and adjunct) as well as visiting professionals.
APPLICATION FORMS CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE FOLLOWING PLACES:
- KNUST WEBSITE. Please click to download
- THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE OF KNUST SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
OR CONTACT THE FOLLOWING TELEPHONE NUMBERS: 0204253131 / 0245813791/ 0262414095