List Of Courses Offered At GIL
Here is the complete List Of Courses Offered At GIL for all programmes and admission requirements for the 2022/2023 academic year.
We have gathered the full list of courses offered in Ghana Institute of Languages and cut off point/requirements to enable prospective candidates to have knowledge of the various accredited courses available in this University.
Below is the full detail of all the undergraduate courses offered at the Ghana Institute of Languages, GIL: Currently, the Ghana Institute of languages has three schools:
- School of Languages(SOL)
- School of Translators(SOT)
- School of Bilingual Secretaryship(SOBS)
GIL SCHOOL OF LANGUAGES COURSES
- The School of Languages has since the inception of the Institute carried out its original mandate of teaching international languages to enhance Pan-Africanism and cordial relationship between Ghanaians and other nationals.
- The languages currently taught are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
GIL SCHOOL OF TRANSLATORS COURSES
- The School of Translators was started in 1964. Currently, the School is affiliated with the University of Ghana and awards the Bachelor of Arts in Translation. It trains professional translators. In addition, the training gives experience in the general principles of conference interpreting thereby preparing graduates for positions in such organizations as the United Nations Organization (UNO), the Africa Union (AU) and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and other organizations that organize international conferences.
- At the end of their training, graduates have high proficiency in English and French and a third international language selected from the other international languages taught at the Institute.
GIL SCHOOL OF BILINGUAL SECRETARYSHIP COURSES
- The Diploma in Bilingual Secretaryship programme was begun in 1974. Its aim was to meet the growing need for secretaries that have proficiency in both English and French. Now, it is a three-year programme which is affiliated to the National Board for Professional and Technician Examination (NABPTEX) which awards the Higher National Diploma.