Top Medical Training Schools In Ghana
Top Medical Training Schools In Ghana ; Are you looking for the best Medical Training Schools in Ghana , then you are at the right place ;
Find the best Medical Training Schools in Ghana Admissions Updates On Ghadmin.. Find all academic courses details ,admission requirements or cut off points , Admission Fees and online application For best Medical Training Schools in Ghana .
There are five PUBLIC medical schools in Ghana:
The University of Ghana Medical School in Accra
The KNUST School of Medical Sciences in Kumasi
University for Development Studies School of Medicine in Tamale
University of Cape Coast School Of Medical Sciences
University of Health And Allied Sciences in Ho, Volta Region.
Private Medical Schools In Ghana
Accra College Of Medicine
Family Health Medical School
Basic Medical education lasts 6 years in all the medical schools. Entry into these medical schools are highly competitive and it is usually based on successful completion of the Senior High School Examinations. The University of Ghana Medical School has however introduced a graduate entry medical program to admit students with mainly science-related degrees into a 4-year medical school program.
Students graduating from any of these medical schools get the MBChB degree and the title “Dr”. For the First 3 years Students are awarded BSc in the field of Medical science for University of Ghanamedical school; and Human biology for KNUST and UDS medical schools. The University of GhanaMedical School and KNUST School of Medical Sciences in Kumasi use the Tradition medical educationmodel whiles University for Development Studies School of Medicine uses the Problem-based learning model.
Medical graduates are then registered provisionally with the Medical and Dental Council (MDC) of Ghana as House Officers (Interns). Upon completion of the mandatory 2-year housemanship, these medical doctors are permanently registered with the MDC and can practice as medical officers (General Practitioners) anywhere in the country. The housemanship training is done only in hospitals accredited for such purposes by the Medical and Dental Council of Ghana
Following the permanent registration with the medical and dental council, doctors can specialize in any of the various fields that is organized by either the West African college of Physicians and Surgeons or the Ghana College of Physician and Surgeons.
Medical officers are also sometimes hired by the Ghana Health Service to work in the Districts/Rural areas as Primary Care Physicians.
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & Subscribe To Our Channel OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.
People Are Currently Reading About
- 2020 / 2021 Recruitment Forms In Ghana
- 2020 / 2021 Admissions List Released – Check Status Here
- UEW Approved Fees and Rates for the 2020 – 2021 Academic Year
- Public Universities Accommodation / Housing And Its Residential Fees
- Registration Of 2020 Novdec Exams Ongoing , Register Now
- 2020 WASSCE Result To Be Released By October 2020
- KNUST Extends 2020 – 2021 Application Forms Deadlines
- UG Extends 2020 – 2021 Application Forms Deadlines
- UPSA Extends 2020 – 2021 Application Forms Deadlines
- 7 Steps of doing business in Ghana
- Starting A Successful Business In Ghana
- 16 Most Profitable Businesses in Ghana
- 15 Pragmatic Ways To Make Money Online
- Awesome Business Ideas To Start With 1000 Cedis In Ghana
- How To Make Money As A Student In Ghana
- 15 Best Ways to Make Money from Home
- List Of Insurance Companies In Ghana
- List Of Insurance Companies Vacancies In Ghana 2020
- List Of Car Insurance Companies In Ghana
- List Of Life Insurance Companies In Ghana