About Nyansapo College
Nyansapo College, an offspring institution of the internationally acclaimed Institute of Diplomatic Practice and Development Policies (I-2DP) in Accra, is the latest academic institution in Ghana established specifically to enhance capacity building of African officials. The aim of the College is to train more knowledgeable and confident practitioners to accelerate Africa’s march towards sustainable development and plausible integration into the global system.
Through Nyansapo College, Africa’s academia and leading practitioners in International Development Cooperation (IDC) as well as some recognised friends of Africa in that field are joining hands to enhance the continent’s prospects in the global political economy. Provision of specialised knowledge and sharpening of skills for African envoys and officials in both public and private sectors charged with the international relations of their respective establishments will be the hallmark of Nyansapo College.
Nyansapo College Courses Offered
MA Degree in International Relations and Development (MAIRD)
The curriculum of this flagship programme of Nyansapo College reflects the strong tenets of the College Policy which is to provide access to higher educational opportunities that enable students develop knowledge and skills required to achieve their professional goals, provide leadership to their organizations and ultimately help improve the image and living conditions in the countries they represent.
The objective of the MA Program in International Relations and Development (MAIRD) being offered at Nyansapo College is to organise an intensive one-year Master’s Programme in International Relations, especially International Economic Relations with particular focus on International Development Cooperation which is of crucial importance to Africa.
The aim of Nyansapo College is to leverage the quality and expertise of its Faculty members in International Relations and International Development Cooperation to enhance the capacity of African representatives in international fora and thereby help meet Africa’s development aspirations.
In the course of two semesters of thirteen weeks duration each, the following modules covering broad areas in International Relations with specific focus on Africa’s particular current challenges in International Development Cooperation and other related fields shall be taught in a hands-on manner with group work on case studies, collective project building, colloquiums, simulation exercises, field trips as well as “Grand” Lectures delivered by local and visiting dignitaries.
1. International Development Cooperation
2. International Relations
3. International Organisations
4. International Law
5. Diplomatic Practice
6. Modern Diplomatic Language
7. Leadership and Organisational Efficiency
9. Basic Research Principles
10. Graduate Dissertation
Nyansapo College Admissions
Admission Requirements for MAIRD
In order to participate in the programme, candidates:
- Must be university graduates with an academic score of at least 2.5 GPA or its equivalent for a degree course from a recognized University.
- Must submit a paper indicating one or both of the following: – Professional background
– Current or future career preferences
- Must submit a paragraph of not more than 100 words why they are interested in pursing the course.
- Shortlisted candidates will attend an interview and will have to pass within the required margin of available vacancies.
- Successful candidates must undertake to devote their time and resources to actively participate in and complete the program on schedule.
– Application fee:
US$100 (Payable in cedis)
US$150 (Payable in cedis) – Foreign Students
– Tuition fee: US$7,500 (Payable in cedis)
Interested in applying? Please, submit your application to email@example.com
Nyansapo College Contact Details
Nyansapo House, Shamo Kwei Avenue, Off Adjiringano Road, East Legon, Accra, Ghana