UDS Faculty of Integrated Development Studies
Since its establishment in 1994, the Faculty of Integrated Development Studies (FIDS) has promoted integrated/interdisciplinary approach to teaching, learning and research. All students of the Faculty were awarded degree in B.A Integrated Development Studies until the 2008/2009 Academic Year when optional programmes were introduced to offer a variety of opportunities to students.
The first batch of students, who pursued a degree in Integrated Development Studies with optional programmes passed out in December 2010. The optional degree programmes were further reviewed in 2009/2010 and the revised programmes approved by the Academic Board of the University and mounted for the 2010/2011 academic year.
The Faculty offers the following Programmes;
- 4-Year BA Integrated Development Studies with the following options:
- Environment and Resources Management Option;
- Economics and Entrepreneurship Development Option;
- Development Communication Option;
- Development Administration Option.
- 2-Year Diploma in Integrated Community Development (DICD)
- M.Phil.in Development Studies
- MA in Social Administration
- MA in Environment and Resource Management
- MA in Development Economics
- MA in Peace and Development Studies
- MA in Development Communication
- PhD Endogenous Development
- M.Phil. in Development Studies
- M.Phil./Ph.D. in Social Administration
- M.Phil. in Environment and Resource Management